Thursday, August 16, 2007

Zoho and Web 2.0

Zoho was a good experience for me. I sent the document I created back and forth to my personal and library email and it was very easy to use. I think that some people who don't like opening up word attachments would like the alternative of opening up the URL. I think this would work for any of my volunteer activities where we might need to create a brochure or letter where everyone gets to provide input.

When it came to the Web 2.0 Awards list I wasn't as enamored. I checked out "Say So" which is an on-line support group for parents. I much prefer kvetching to people at the playground (when my kids were small), but I guess if you are housebound this could be a good site. The other thing is that I read a number of those scary stories about what potential pitfalls your kids can be engulfed in. Didn't find that very helpful....like those email alerts that your friends send to you and 5, 000 other close friends.

I checked out Peer Trainer....a lot of people complaining about their weight or trying to get you to check out their new business or inspiring you to lose.

I prefer a face to face with a friend or even a stranger who might be sitting next to you on the train....too much time conversing with a screen.

No comments: